The Lipedema Five-Step Process To A New Life (Liposuction)
What does the lipedema journey look like when meeting with a specialist doctor?
Here are the 5-steps that will help you prepare yourself mentally before stepping into the surgery room.
- It can either be done through a phone call or e-mail
2. Initial consultation
- Duration is about one hour
- Diagnostics: examination, photo documentation, ultrasound
- Folder with all necessary information
- Further consultations are possible on request without additional charge
3. Arranging an operation date
- Setting up a date with our client experience team – via phone or e-mail
- Recommended: Manual lymphatic drainage and/ or compression garments are recommended before the operation
4. Operation (Liposuction)
- Anesthesiological information on a working day before the operation
- The patient should be fasting on the day of surgery
- Marking by the surgeon immediately before the operation, photo documentation
- Operation duration: approx. two to three hours
- General anaesthesia
- Amount of suction: 5 litres per OP
- A compression garment is put on shortly before the end of the operation
- Recovery room
- One night stationed at the hospital
- Manual lymphatic drainage by physiotherapists
- Thrombosis prophylaxis – treatment to avoid blood clots inside blood vessels – for four days
- Six to eight weeks of compression garments
- Lymphatic drainage two to three times a week for at least six weeks
- At least six weeks between two surgeries
- After three and twelve months of follow-up in the clinic
Try our – Lipedema Self Assessment Test
Click here to Fill up the form and someone will contact you to share your results.
Find out more about our treatments today – visit Amwaj Polyclinic on JBR.