Breast Implants: Preparing For a Breast Augmentation in Dubai
“Breast augmentation — also known as augmentation mammoplasty, is surgery to increase breast size. It involves placing breast implants under the breast tissue or on top of your chest muscles.”
A lot of women go through mammoplasty every year or breast augmentation or “boob job” to feel more confident about themselves for reasons that may be either cosmetic or due to physical changes after pregnancy or medical procedures such as mastectomy.
According to research, it is one of the most frequently performed surgeries in the United States, mostly by middle-aged women. It is also the surgery with the highest postoperative satisfaction rate.
What are Breast Implants?
Breast implants are silicone prostheses that are surgically inserted into your breasts.
For this, a plastic surgeon makes a single cut under your armpit or the crease of your breast. Your breast tissue is then separated from your chest muscle to create a pocket space where the implant is inserted.
What to consider before getting a breast implant?
- It is important to be financially aware. A breast transplant costs around $5000 to $10000 US dollars and is not covered by health insurance.
- Young girls should not be quick to make this decision. Evaluate your position before choosing to proceed.
- It is important to be reasonable in your expectations with the surgery.
- Be aware that any surgical procedure could lead to complications such as pain, implant leakage, etc., before proceeding with the decision.
What to expect after a breast implant?
- Pain or soreness is common in the breast region after surgery.
- Scar marks also remain at the incision points of the breast.
- You should be aware that follow-up surgeries are necessary since breast implants must be replaced after about 5-10 years.
- Lactation may be difficult for some women due to the added silicone shell.
- Mammograms become more complicated. Additional specialised views are commonly needed along with the routine mammography for women with breast implants.
- Breasts change naturally over time, and so surgeries may be needed for the breast to look more natural at a later point in life.
Breast augmentation is a safe surgery with long-lasting results when performed by a trained plastic surgeon.
Most patients are very glad about their results. The best way to decide whether breast augmentation is right for you is to visit a cosmetic surgeon for a consultation and thoroughly evaluate all short- and long-term aspects of the procedure to make an informed decision that positively impacts your life.